(Zagreb, 1917 – Novi Sad, 2002)
He finished Secondary School of Music (the violin) in Zagreb, and composition and conduction at Academy of Music in Belgrade (P. Bingulac) and Vienna (A. Uhl). Was member of JNA (Yugoslav National Army) Culture Club Orchestra in Belgrade, of the Opera of the Serbian National Theatre in Novi Sad and of Novi Sad Philharmonic Orchestra. Worked as a teacher, and later as the headmaster of “Isidor Bajić” School of Music. From 1962 to 1965, he was director of the Opera of the Serbian National Theatre. One of the founders of the Academy of Arts in Novi Sad where he taught composition and its first dean. In 1979, he became the director of the Music Centre in Novi Sad. He was also the president of Association of Composers and Music Writers of Vojvodina and the president of Association of Composers and Music Writers of Yugoslavia (SOKOJ).
Received many high awards and medals, among which there was the first award at Queen Elizabeth of Belgium International Composersć Contest in Brussels (1966).
Especially valuable in his comprehensive opus are large symphonic, concert/intended and vocal-instrumental works: cantatas, operas, ballets, concertoes and symphonies.
|6. He was restlessly spinning on the diabolic, water carrousel, nearly on the edge of consciousness - Apage Satanas! – when the white apparition parted from the mast. And immediately, everything was still: the white devil was gone. The ship kept on sailing against the wind, along the deserted coast, sand and rocks, and nothing but sand and rocks...|